Success is what it’s all about. Multiple studies across campuses nationwide show that students in supported dorm environments during their first year outperform students who do NOT live in a dorm environment. Most Dorm@Lucky residents see these same success rates, due in part to our small community size and 35:1 student to staff ratio.
Part 1: Excel Academically
We’re here to help. Our ResLife team has the connections to direct you to the appropriate campus-wide academic resources, like tutoring support, writing workshops, and advising sessions.
- We’ve got your back. We’ll routinely check in with you to find out what’s going on with you personally and academically and to make sure your study habits aren’t left to chance.
- We’ll plan events throughout the year that are geared towards helping you stay focused on learning.
Our three-part program supports learning, teaches life skills, and makes sure you have fun along the way!
Part 2: Develop Life Skills
When you Dorm@Lucky, we offer classes in the stuff you aren’t learning in the classroom. Take a look at some of the subjects we offer:
- Personal finance/budgeting skills
- Eating healthy at college
- How to manage a job and school
- How to write a successful resume
- Early steps for career planning
"Having an experienced RA to help me pick 2nd semester classes was great. I didn’t realize how hard it would be."
—Julie M. from Naperville, IL, Dorm@Lucky Resident
Part 3: Have Fun!
It’s not all work and no play – college is supposed to be FUN too, which is why our Residence Life Program promotes an excellent atmosphere for making friends. Here’s just a sampling of other events:
- Back to Nature: Hiking Trip to Devil’s Lake State Park
- Fresh Foods: Trip to Madison’s Farmer’s Market
- FrightNight: Horror in the Dark at Olin Park
- Fall Fun: Corn Maze and Bonfire
- Roll It: Sushi Night Educational Program
Meet our Resident Director
Tour Dorm@Lucky Today!
See Dorm@Lucky for yourself and check out where you’ll live. We can provide virtual, video, or in-person tours with our knowledgeable team. E-mail or call to set up a personalized tour!Contact Us Today!